Re: [capture] HTML Media Capture implementor's feedback

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Ben Murdoch <benm@google.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Chrome for Android uses the 'capture' attribute on a file input element to
> provide a hint that the user should be taken directly into the
> media acquisition application. For example, specifying capture="camera" will
> launch the camera app, "camcorder" the camcorder or "microphone" the sound
> recorder. Without the capture attribute, the user would be presented with a
> standard Android file picker, filtered on the 'accept' attribute if it's
> present.

Hmm.. last I tried, if the capture or accept attribute wasn't present
I was shown a intents-based list of applications which let the user
choose if a camera app, recorder, file picker, etc should be used.

Is that no longer the case then? Or was I simply doing something wrong
in my test?

/ Jonas