Re: [magnetic field event] Proposal for magnetic field event

On 12/28/12 10:59 AM, Rick Waldron wrote:

> On Friday, December 28, 2012, Doug Turner wrote:
>
>     On 12/28/12 10:40 AM, Rick Waldron wrote:
>     > These APIs absolutely need to move away from copying the
>     > DeviceOrientation and DeviceMotion specs.
>
>     I disagree.  I think for the sake of consistency, we should follow the
>     pattern.
>

> Just because there is a pattern, doesnt make it the right pattern.

I didn't say it was the right pattern.  Don't put words in my mouth.

One thing that is worse than the wrong pattern is two different patterns
when dealing with the basically the same sort of thing.

> that will fail hard once there is more then on of any sensor type.
These APIs were built for mobile devices that typically only have one
sensor of each type.  We could have clearly built something else to
support an n-number of sensors.  But, I tend to think that is
over-engineering at this point and we could spend time more important
things.

Doug