Re: [magnetic field event] Proposal for magnetic field event

On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Rick Waldron wrote:

> On Friday, December 28, 2012, Doug Turner wrote:
> > On 12/28/12 10:40 AM, Rick Waldron wrote:
> > > These APIs absolutely need to move away from copying the
> > > DeviceOrientation and DeviceMotion specs.
> >

> > I disagree. I think for the sake of consistency, we should follow the
> > pattern.
>

> Just because there is a pattern, doesnt make it the right pattern. The design is wrong and ill-fitting for JavaScript programs. Dispatching events to an irrelevant global object is a sloppy and misguided approach that will fail hard once there is more then on of any sensor type.
FWIW, I also agree with Rick - the design is not great (or not as nice as it could be). I'm wondering if there is anything we can do to change these designs around in a rapid manner (or have implementations already shipped?).

--
Marcos Caceres