From: Robin Berjon [mailto:robin@berjon.com]
Sent: den 29 augusti 2012 11:10
To: public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org
Subject: Stepping down

Dear all,

it is with mixed feelings that I have to tell you that I am stepping down as co-chair of the Device APIs WG, effective at the end of this week, and leaving you in Frederick's extremely capable hands.

Looking back over the past few years I want to thank each and every one of you for the fun times that we've had together. This group went through some frustrating moments during its short history, but I believe that the debates we had through those months have contributed to create a better understanding of how to handle Web technology that accesses potentially dangerous functionality. This improved understanding can be seen at work in DAP's renewed productivity over the past few months. Put together with the upcoming SysApps WG, I believe that we are collectively well on our way to realising DAP's original vision. I am happy that I could play a small part in this adventure, and I really look forward to this project increasingly coming to fruition, watching it from not very far away.

For my part I am moving on to new soon-to-be-announced professional endeavours, very much still within Web standards. I will be attending TPAC (but not DAP's meeting there) and can already taste the friendly beers we'll enjoy together there. I will continue to maintain ReSpec, and I will remain available for any questions that any of you may have.

I will truly miss working with you all, but have no doubt that our paths will cross again (and if you drop by Paris, you know how to reach me!). Take very good care and keep them device APIs coming!