Moving Ambient Light Tests, Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 15 August 2012

Hi Tobie,
A few questions about moving tests to Github...

On Tuesday, 14 August 2012 at 22:39, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com wrote:

> "Ambient light events" FPWD published, http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-ambient-light-20120802/
>
> Discussion of moving tests to Github, comments to public-test-infra@w3.org, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0021.html
I strongly support moving tests to Github, but would insist that test suites be mirrored at the W3C for longevity/authority (I love Github, but have also seen many of these kinds of awesome companies come and go over the years).

Also, how do we co-ordinate this? Is the W3C Github account or project already set up? Or do individuals just control their own repos and just link to them from the specs (obviously, I don't see that working well personally to help build community… unless someone already popular does it)?

Another question: would the existing Web Apps test suite creation process [1] work for a general community in the wild, or is it too process heavy? How do you invasion test contributions will work (i.e., shared project/contributors, integration control into main test branch, code/test quality control/guidelines, etc.)?

Really interested to hear how all this could work!

Marcos

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/Testing