Re: Shelving "The System Information API"

On Nov 10, 2011, at 11:22 , JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:
> I still believe that having a generic mechanism for getting access to
> device properties is useful and better than specific APIs, one for each
> aspect.

But isn't that for the most part covered by the Sensors API? What parts of SysInfo are not covered by either specific APIs or the generic one — that's what I'm asking.

> In essence the problem here is the same as in the other APIs you want to
> discontinue: it has to be made clear that the API you are discontinuing
> can also be a viable and useful approach. The only thing is that DAP has
> decided to follow a different path. But does not mean that other options
> are not valid.

I understand that, and will draft a text that I hope will satisfy your concerns. But the case of SysInfo is different: its functionality seems to have been taken over by other documents completely, with one of those having a rather comparable design.