Re: Shelving "The System Information API"

I still believe that having a generic mechanism for getting access to
device properties is useful and better than specific APIs, one for each
aspect.

In essence the problem here is the same as in the other APIs you want to
discontinue: it has to be made clear that the API you are discontinuing
can also be a viable and useful approach. The only thing is that DAP has
decided to follow a different path. But does not mean that other options
are not valid.

best

El 09/11/11 20:41, "Robin Berjon" <robin@berjon.com> escribió:

>On Nov 9, 2011, at 18:28 , JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:
>> -100
>
>As usual, I need to remind the group that support does not require
>arguments (since it is assumed that one agrees with those set forth in
>the proposal), dissent can only be taken into account if it is motivated,
>since it is impossible to have a discussion without those!
>
>Jose: what is left of SysInfo after Sensors, Battery, and Network
>Information are done that you want to keep this way? This spec was even
>removed from our charter!
>
>--
>Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at.