Re: Why aren't most devices virtual web services?

Robin Berjon wrote:

> Beyond that, a (secondary) worry is the maturity of paraphernalia
> such as JSON Schema and JSONpath that we could want to use here. But
> that's a bridge we can cross any number of ways.

Date objects in parameters or return values can be especially tricky to
serialize in virtual web server approach. I'm not sure if for example
JSON has yet proper support for Dates. Dates will be part of the API at
least in Calendar.

In general I'm bit worried how much overhead XHR processing can cause to
developers. Assuming I write a simple script that needs Device APIs just
to read system's temperature. Are the options to either write a parser
myself to remove the transport encoding or to rely on some convenience
library that does the decoding? Both options potentially increase script
size considerably.

         -ilkka