Re: Camera properties (Re: [sysinfo] draft ready for review)

Like you, I expect to see any number of weird ways in which decent cameras and communications equipment might converge; hence I'm bringing up the question.

I suspect the properties I listed make sense only if they're settable -- if all we're interested in is finding out about them later on, then we'll typically find them in EXIF data anyway, and can consider that another problem solved elsewhere.  By that argument, I'm convincing myself that the early December thread was right, i.e., these belong in Capture, not sysinfo.

A few more issues with the current Camera property:

- maxZoomFactor refers to hasPhysicalZoom, which isn't defined
- to each max, there should be a min ;)
- note there are cameras that support distinct aspect ratios with subtly different pixel numbers on the sensor.  In that case, the sensorPixels property isn't very helpful

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>