Re: Devices as Virtual Web Services

That browser involvement could be extremely lightweight:  E.g., you could have an object that returns a collection of (possibly http) URIs for each class of API that the script asks for.  How these APIs are then implemented (browser involvement or not) would be entirely up to the specific implementation.
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>