Re: Devices as Virtual Web Services

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:26:50 +0100
To: "Frederick Hirsch" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, "ext Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:22:14 +0100, Frederick Hirsch
<Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:
> I was repeating what I heard in Claes's message.
>
> Running a local web server to have local access seems overkill, leading
> to the thought that both  might be necessary. I haven't seen a concrete
> proposal apart from what Robin put together.

A local Web server is overkill. A browser could just have special
semantics for certain types of requests initiated through XMLHttpRequest.
And since these REST-based APIs need a special URI to be instantiated
(e.g. data-service:contacts/...) that should be easy to do.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/