W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > February 2010

Draft Minutes 2010-02-03

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:27:52 +0100
Message-Id: <2FC4A833-10E6-4BD0-B25E-EA065006AB2B@robineko.com>
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
HTML version at URL:

  http://www.w3.org/2010/02/03-dap-minutes.html

Text version:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

          Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference

03 Feb 2010

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/02/03-dap-irc

Attendees

   Present
          [Mozilla], AnssiK, arve, maxf, darobin, marengo, claes,
          richt, nwidell, +1.301.581.aabb, jmorris, Ingmar, Thomas,
          Robin_Berjon, Dzung_Tran, Marco_Marengo, Brad_Lassey,
          Anssi_Kostiainen, Claes_Nilsson, Niklas_Widell,
          Richard_Tibbett, ThomasRoessler

   Regrets
          Frederick, Suresh, Dom, Marcin

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          Marco Marengo

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Announcements
         2. [5]minutes approval
         3. [6]Policy Discussion
         4. [7]API
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <tlr> trackbot, summon

   <trackbot> Date: 03 February 2010

   <trackbot> Sorry, tlr, I don't understand 'trackbot, summon'. Please
   refer to [9]http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc

   <tlr> will be ca 10min late

   <darobin> Scribe Marco Marengo

   <darobin> bah

   <darobin> Scribe: Marco Marengo

   <darobin> ScribeNick: marengo

Announcements

   drobin: sysinfo has been published
   ... any plans for implementation?

minutes approval

   <darobin>

   minutes approved

Policy Discussion

   drobin: Frederick asks to review the action items from last week
   ... many people are not on the call

   <darobin> ACTION-77?

   <trackbot> ACTION-77 -- John Morris to provide a discussion of
   requirements for privacy -- due 2010-01-19 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [10]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/77

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/77

   jmorris: ongoing work, need more time (cannot provide by next week)

   darobin: let's not discuss requirements FPWD without Frederick

   <darobin>

   darobin: document is not complete. Feel free to give feedback

   <darobin> ACTION: Robin to see with Frederick about a possible CfC
   for FPWD of policy-reqs [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2010/02/03-dap-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-93 - See with Frederick about a possible
   CfC for FPWD of policy-reqs [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-02-10].

   darobin: discussion on security in Contacts API

   richt: we need to do more on the privacy of contacts

   darobin: two aspects: access to subsets of contacts, propagation
   ... let's keep those issues separate

   richt: does not apply just Contacts, should be handled in security
   and privacy

API

   darobin: next steps in terms of system api?

   maxf: obvious step is waiting for feedback.
   ... it may overlap with other specs

   darobin: we're interested in knowing if the LREST approach works

   richt: lots of feedback on Calendar

   darobin: huge discussion on File APIs

   <richt> richt: I will summarize if WebIDL Date object will be
   suitable for the Calendar API. Currently we have adopted HTML5 date
   and time but something less stringified would be great.

   maxf: any feedback on Messaging?

   darobin: no real feedback on it.
   ... niklas, do you need help with the editing?

   nwidell: daniel coloma has also volunteered to help

   darobin: any other volunteers?

   maxf: would like to help

   <darobin> marengo, thanks for the minutes! you picked the right week
   :)

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Robin to see with Frederick about a possible CfC for
   FPWD of policy-reqs [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/02/03-dap-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([14]CVS log)
    $Date: 2010/02/03 15:26:11 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


--
Robin Berjon
  robineko  hired gun, higher standards
  http://robineko.com/
Received on Wednesday, 3 February 2010 15:28:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:32:17 UTC