Re: ACTION-85: BONDI's investigation into LREST vs "conventional" JavaScript APIs

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:30:46 +0100
Cc: "Tran, Dzung D" <dzung.d.tran@intel.com>, Paddy Byers <paddy.byers@gmail.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org Device APIs and Policy Working Group WG" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
On Feb 3, 2010, at 06:23 , Adam Barth wrote:
> Why do we have to choose all-REST or all-WebIDL?  Perhaps REST is more
> appropriate for some APIs, such as Contacts, whereas WebIDL is more
> appropriate for others, such as microphone?

That is the conclusion that I came to after looking at the various options. The current situation is that we're looking for a champion to take a concrete stab at fleshing out an LREST spec of one APIs for which it would work (I'd think Gallery might be the easier choice). I pinged Mark about this and he said he was interested but short on time (sounds familiar :). I'm happy to help.

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko  hired gun, higher standards