RE: a note on time slots (Re: Calendaring coordination)

From: Dong-Young Lee <dongyoung.lee@lge.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:12:17 +0900
To: "'Thomas Roessler'" <tlr@w3.org>
Cc: "'W3C Device APIs and Policy WG'" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, "'Cyrus Daboo'" <cyrus@daboo.name>
Hi,
I also would like to attend regularly.
Thanks,
Dong-Young Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-
request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Roessler
To: Thomas Roessler
Cc: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG; Cyrus Daboo
Subject: a note on time slots (Re: Calendaring coordination)

Robin just pointed out that noon ET would be *extremely* inconvenient for
folks from Korea (at least one of whom will be part of the conversation).

So let's decouple this:  If you're interested in the conversation, please
speak up now.

Once we have a firm list of participants, we'll need to go through the
scheduling exercise.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>  (@roessler)

On 9 Aug 2010, at 22:14, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 28 Jul 2010, at 12:21, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>
>> I talked to some folks about calendaring in the hallways.  The IETF
calsify WG isn't currently active; most of the work has moved to the
CalConnect consortium:
>> 	http://www.calconnect.org/
>>
>> Cyrus and I agreed to work toward a conversation between Calconnect and
this WG about the lunisolar calendaring requirement.  I'll follow up on
that when I'm back form the IETF meeting.

> There's a proposal on the table to meet at noon Boston time on a Tuesday
some time soon; I'm tentatively suggesting 24 August.

> My suggestion would be that the agenda be:
>
> 1. General presentation and possibly discussion of the calendaring API
work (and requirements).  That item would require Richard and Suresh on the
call, who'll know the API best.

> 2. Discussion of specific lunisolar requirement and design options.  That
would require the folks with an interest in lunisolar calendars.