From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Roessler
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:20 AM
To: Thomas Roessler
Cc: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG; Cyrus Daboo
Subject: a note on time slots (Re: Calendaring coordination)

Robin just pointed out that noon ET would be *extremely* inconvenient
for folks from Korea (at least one of whom will be part of the
conversation).

So let's decouple this:  If you're interested in the conversation,
please speak up now.

Once we have a firm list of participants, we'll need to go through the
scheduling exercise.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>  (@roessler)

On 9 Aug 2010, at 22:14, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 28 Jul 2010, at 12:21, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>
>> I talked to some folks about calendaring in the hallways.  The IETF
calsify WG isn't currently active; most of the work has moved to the
CalConnect consortium:
>> 	http://www.calconnect.org/
>>
>> Cyrus and I agreed to work toward a conversation between Calconnect
and this WG about the lunisolar calendaring requirement.  I'll follow up
on that when I'm back form the IETF meeting.

> There's a proposal on the table to meet at noon Boston time on a
Tuesday some time soon; I'm tentatively suggesting 24 August.

> My suggestion would be that the agenda be:
>
> 1. General presentation and possibly discussion of the calendaring API
work (and requirements).  That item would require Richard and Suresh on
the call, who'll know the API best.

> 2. Discussion of specific lunisolar requirement and design options.
That would require the folks with an interest in lunisolar calendars.