RE: ISSUE-5: Application Configuration API

Hi Bryan,

Agreed we need a note if we drop things from our charter. The same would be true if our charter needed to grow at any point (e.g. if we decided we need to add additional APIs in the future).

We should therefore have a process for dealing with both of these events as this problem could crop up again. My understanding of W3C process is that a charter can be changed with membership consent but I would be interested in clarification.

Anyway, failing a straightforward change to the charter, there are a few other options for including the required note. Such as:

- an addendum to the charter (though perhaps this would be subject to the same rules as changing the charter itself?).

- a DAP Primer/Introduction W3C Note (as suggested by Bryan and Kangchan on the call)

 - an 'empty' App Config API spec with the following words: 'The Application Configuration API was not addressed as detailed in the W3C DAP charter because...'

My preference would be to change the charter directly if at all possible or include the note as an addendum to the existing charter.

Best Regards,

Richard Tibbett