Straw-poll: hanging the device API

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 15:30:18 +0200
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hi all,

it seems that we're now going around in circles with this discussion,
with some cookie-cutter arguments being made and few people being
convinced either way. I'd like to whittle down the options and call
for a straw-poll to get a feel of who stands where (and also hopefully
to simplify the discussion).

This is open to everyone, there is no closing date but please answer
quickly.

Option A: window.navigator.device
========
   - because we shouldn't pollute the global namespace anymore than it
already is
   - because there are some precedents in putting device-related APIs
on navigator

Option B: window.device
========
   - because it's shorter and more elegant
   - because WebApps created window.widget so we can go there too.

Answers on a postcard, "A" or "B" suffice, short justifications welcome.

--
Robin Berjon
   robineko  setting new standards