From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Robin Berjon
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 3:30 PM
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Subject: Straw-poll: hanging the device API

Hi all,

it seems that we're now going around in circles with this discussion,
with some cookie-cutter arguments being made and few people being
convinced either way. I'd like to whittle down the options and call
for a straw-poll to get a feel of who stands where (and also hopefully
to simplify the discussion).

This is open to everyone, there is no closing date but please answer
quickly.

Option A: window.navigator.device
========
   - because we shouldn't pollute the global namespace anymore than it
already is
   - because there are some precedents in putting device-related APIs
on navigator

Option B: window.device
========
   - because it's shorter and more elegant
   - because WebApps created window.widget so we can go there too.

Answers on a postcard, "A" or "B" suffice, short justifications welcome.

--
Robin Berjon
   robineko - setting new standards

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michel Piquemal, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.