Re: Overlap between WebApps and Device APIs WG on file operations

On May 16, 2009, at 01:09 , Arun Ranganathan wrote:
> I'm going to continue to edit the specification as part of WebApps.
> Assuming the BONDI specification is informed by the Opera proposal,
> and that the BONDI specification will somehow make its way into W3C

I can confirm that the BONDI specification is actually derived from
the Opera proposal (with changes); and also that the plan of record is
for the OMPT to feed its specifications into this WG.

> Currently, I'm uncertain as to how I can inform myself by proposals
> by OMTP, but hope to produce a draft that may serve to make these
> discussions clearer.

As soon as DAP is up and running, we'll be able to more clearly co-
ordinate on this issue. In the meantime, since I don't believe you
plan to go to LC within the weeks that separate us from DAP being
launched, I'd say just keep working without worrying about potential
conflicts. Worst case scenario is that we take some bits from your
work and paste it in a DAP spec — I don't see it as going to waste in
any way.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/