Re: Overlap between WebApps and Device APIs WG on file operations

Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Le jeudi 14 mai 2009 à 00:07 +0200, Robin Berjon a écrit :
>
>> I'm pretty sure that the two groups can work together on this. We
>> probably don't even need a TF for it. As far as the charter is
>> concerned I'd put something along the lines of "collaborating to make
>> sure the file-related APIs are synchronised" — I think it ought to be
>> enough.
>>

> The charter now has "FileSystem API [...] this API should be developed
> in coordination with the Web Applications Working Group File Upload
> specification".
>
> Dom
>
> http://www.w3.org/2009/05/DeviceAPICharter.html#deliverables

I'm going to continue to edit the specification as part of WebApps.
Assuming the BONDI specification is informed by the Opera proposal, and
that the BONDI specification will somehow make its way into W3C, I've
read through:

http://bondi.omtp.org/IDLS/filesystem.html and

http://bondi.omtp.org/apis-current/classorg_1_1omtp_1_1bondi_1_1filesystem_1_1_file.html

I think some overlap is likely to occur.  The latter defines a "File"
class, for instance, and seems to include some synchronous I/O behaviors.

Currently, I'm uncertain as to how I can inform myself by proposals by
OMTP, but hope to produce a draft that may serve to make these
discussions clearer.

-- A*