Re: Work in Progress on Device API Charter (Advance Notice)

On Wed, 13 May 2009 15:54:49 +0200, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

> Dear Advisory Committee Representative,
>
> This is an advance notice that the Team has started work on
> a charter for work items that arose from the W3C Workshop on Security
> for Access to Device APIs from the Web [1] held in December 2008, that
> combines work both on concrete APIs to access devices services such as
> calendar, addressbook, camera, and a security framework to govern these
> APIs (as highlighted in a previous advance notice [2]).
>
> Discussion on that combined charter has already started on the AC Forum
> as well as on the public mailing list <public-device-apis@w3.org>.
>
> We welcome your general expressions of interest and support on
> <w3c-ac-forum@w3.org>. Please send any substantive comments in
> response to this email as appropriate to <public-device-apis@w3.org>
> which has a public archive [3].

This is a general expression of interest and support from Opera Software.
We will discuss the details in the relevant fora, but we think this work
is important and should be done at W3C, and we plan to participate
actively and offer editing resources for this work.

cheers

Chaals