Re: Draft Charter for a Device API and Security WG

Hi Robin, David,

Le jeudi 14 mai 2009 à 11:12 +0200, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> >> * User Interaction API
> >
> > Hmm... Is that really a "device service" API? It feels more like
> > something for the WebApps Working Group. Is it so strongly related to
> > the others APIs that it would need to be developed in this group?
>
> I think that the way
> one could draw the line for this one is that access to core window
> manager functions is rather low-level (from a web point of view) and
> more "device". [...]
> There's a case to be made for it. One of the things it could provide
> is a DI access to the menu, which is very useful on mobile devices
> (that tend to have two contextual menus) and could usefully replace
> the device-dependent ones that keep cropping up.

OK, thanks for that feedback; based on this, and since nobody seems to
be opposed to adding that item, I've added it to the draft charter:
http://www.w3.org/2009/05/DeviceAPICharter.html#deliverables

At this point, the charter seems to be getting fairly stable; in other
words, if anyone would like to add or modify anything in the charter,
they should let this list know very soon :)

Dom