RE: Draft Charter for a Device API and Security WG

Thanks Dom,

That is very useful to see. In general we are very pleased with the charter, so here are some small changes from us:

1) Title: "Device APIs and Security Working Group Charter"
2) In 3.1 Recommendation-Track Deliverables:

System Information API -> Change to "System Information and Events"

* Application Configuration API
 - An API to manage application settings and user preferences
* User Interaction API
 - A set of APIs that gives a widget or website far better control of how it manifests itself on different platforms. This would include minimise/maximise  functions, window size, alerting mechanisms etc.
* Security Policy Framework:
 - Definition of a policy description language for security policies
 - Expression of security policies that govern access of Web Applications and Widgets to security-critical APIs

3) In 4.2 Liaisons:

Ubiquitous Web Applications Working Group http://www.w3.org/2007/uwa/ To help with work on device status, particularly the work on Delivery Context: Client Interfaces (DCCI) 1.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/DPF/.

4) In 4.3 External groups:

OMTP

OMTP's BONDI initiative aims to define key interfaces that enable the mobile web platform to access sensitive functions on the mobile, within a security framework that protects the user from malicious actions. OMTP can provide input to requirements and technologies for this Working Group, as well as review and endorse deliverables.

Thanks,

David.

David Rogers
OMTP Director of External Relations