From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Ian Hickson
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 04:44 PM
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Subject: <device> proposal (for video conferencing, etc)

Based on the earlier discussion:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Dec/0194.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Dec/thread.html#msg149

...I wrote a draft prototype showing how this could look (these three URLs
all have the same text, but the first one has more up to date changes when
I'm actively editing it):

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#devices
   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/commands.html#devices
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-device/

It seems, though, that until we can figure out a codec that all the UAs
are willing to implement, there's not much we can do to proceed on this,
so I'm not sure where to go from here.