From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Arve Bersvendsen
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 10:53 AM
To: Frederick Hirsch; Oksanen Ilkka
Cc: ext Ian Hickson; Dominique Hazael-Massieux; public-device-apis
Subject: Re: Comparing capture* API vs <input type="file" accept="...">

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:44:18 +0100, Frederick Hirsch
<frederick.hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:

> I do not want to make this complicated, but am still trying to
> understand the use case. What about a webcam (nanny cam, whatever) type
> device, would that qualify as use case  needing programmatic non-user
> interaction control?

A web cam/nanny cam would typically not have any user interface at all,
except one it exposes over the network, through an embedded web or media
server of some kind   In that case, you'd have a single application on the
device.

--
Arve Bersvendsen