From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Arve Bersvendsen
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 04:30 AM
To: Ilkka Oksanen
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
Subject: Re: <input type=photo> etc as Capture API

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:57:41 +0100, Ilkka Oksanen
<Ilkka.Oksanen@nokia.com> wrote:

> navigator.device.captureImage(function(data) {
>    // send the image to server side script
>    }, 1);
>  How much more complex would equivalent <input> based solution be?

You're leaving out some details here, encapsulated by:

    // send the image to server side script

In your case you have to:

1. Extract the encapsulated data
2. Create an HTML form
3. Submit the data

(Steps two and three could be done using a hypothetical, not yet
generally-implemented version of XHR)

In the <input>/web forms based case, you have to

1. Submit the form

--
Arve Bersvendsen