Re: The Device API

Of possible interest, for the moment, PhoneGap implements device as a
global. With the following (documented) API:

http://docs.phonegap.com/docs/device

device.platform
device.name
device.version
device.uuid

Additionally we *just* added an event to the window called
'deviceReady' so that code can know when all the API's have been
initialized.

window.addEventListener('deviceRead', function(e) { /* you get the idea */ });

We are open to moving it under navigator but that sparked a fair
amount of debate so we've opted to solve with patience. ;)