Re: Added support for direct input in WebIDL checker

On Dec 2, 2009, at 13:51 , Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> As you may know, I have set up an on-line tool to check the correctness
> of WebIDL fragments embedded in HTML documents:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check (based on Aplix’s widlproc)
>
> It is unfortunately not possible to use that tool on ReSpec.js-based
> documents, since the tool works at the mark-up level rather than at the
> DOM level, and adapting it to the mark-up used by ReSpec.js would imply
> re-implementing the rather long and complex parsing algorithm
> implemented by ReSpec.js in Python or XSLT.
>
> As a workaround, I have added the possibility to copy and paste WebIDL
> fragments in the tool; it’s not as convenient, but hopefully will it
> still be somewhat useful.

It shouldn't be excessively hard to add a keyboard shortcut to ReSpec that would take all the generated IDL and do an XHR request against your service. It could report errors using ReSpec's internal error display too.

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko — hired gun, higher standards