Re: [reSpec] not sorting interface members

On Dec 2, 2009, at 11:21 , Max Froumentin wrote:
> Dear Santa,

My dear child,

> I would like to have an option not to have the interface members sorted alphabetically. For instance, ff I defined Power to be:
> interface Power() {
>  void getPower()
>  long watchPower()
>  void clearWatch()
> }
>
> I think that the order of the methods matter and I don't particularly like it to become
> void clearWatch()
> void getPower()
> long watchPower()

So the default behaviour wouldn't sort in the generated WebIDL, it would only sort the prose descriptions (which I'm guessing is what you mean here). This matches what is done in the DOM specs for instance. I want to keep that as the default.

I've added a noIDLSorting option which you can turn on to have the prose also be in document order. I added it to sysinfo and it seems to work.

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko — hired gun, higher standards