RE: ACCESS' input, was: RE: Proposal for new WG to specify "Concrete APIs"

Hi Robin,

I suppose my point was misunderstood or I expressed myself not clearly enough.
By "on the implementation" level I mean how the content (being usually intelligent, e.g. by checking some UA parameters, e.g. by hasFeature()) can discover the capabilities of the UA.
I did not mean that the UA implementation is intentionally marked incorrectly.

>>WGs don't generally
>>object to having people implement drafts early, so long as said people
>>make it clear to their customers that they're not selling a stable
>>long term solution, and so long as they don't claim conformance to
>>anything.
>>If anyone is getting the impression that WD=CR=PR=Rec the vendors are
>>to blame I'm afraid.
As stated above this is not the intended subject of my email.

Still, for the content implemented based on WD or CR or PR or Rec, there is currently no way in Widgets 1.0 specs to discover which particular version of the WD was taken as basis for the potential WUA implementation.
And versioning model for both content and WUA could help here, I think.

If my intentions are now clearer, I would be happy to hear your comments on them.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Marcin

Marcin Hanclik
ACCESS Systems Germany GmbH
Tel: +49-208-8290-6452  |  Fax: +49-208-8290-6465
Mobile: +49-163-8290-646