Re: [VOC] Do we really need a property in the vocabulary for each markup or variety of them

Il giorno 01/ott/07, alle ore 15:50, José Manuel Cantera Fonseca ha
scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I was thinking about the issue of having a property for each
> variety of things that can depend on versions of the same
> technology, like CSS, markup, DOM, Javascript, etc. For example,
> CSS can be CSS Mobile Profile 1.0, W-CSS, CSS Level 1, CSS Level 2,
> CSS Level 2 revision 1, CSS 3, etc.
>
> One option for avoiding such a nigthmare would be to have some
> standard subproperties that allow the retrieval of particularities
> around an specific property. In the case of the CSS example, we
> would have
>
> ddr.getProperty("CSS_Support").getProperty("Version") and we could
> obtain some value that indicates the specific version supported
>
> Also the same could apply to HTML
>
> ddr.getProperty("HTML_Support").getProperty("Profile")
> ddr.getProperty("HTML_Support").getProperty("Version")
>
> What do you think?

What would this return? Another list? If a browser supports CSS 1.0,
2.1 and Mobile profile, when you query for "Version", which one will
you get? When you want to know if tables are supported in XHTML Basic
1.1 how will you specify the version?

I'm not convinced. I think I will need more examples.

- Andrea