Re: shapes-ISSUE-221 (sh:Shape hierarchy): Simplify the class hierarchy of shapes [SHACL - Core]

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dimitris,
>
> the resolution of ISSUE-211 was a *package*. I reluctantly accepted
> several aspects of the redesign that I think were mistakes (in particular
> generalizing targets, which has significant costs because it offers too
> many ways to express the same thing). OTOH as part of the deal we kept the
> separation of the two metaclasses that I have explained several times, and
> this is something that you don't like.
>
> I am unfortunately getting the impression that the notion of "compromises"
> has become a one way street. First you accepted my proposal for the
> compromise, but then you reopen a new issue which basically would take away
> the part of the deal that I needed. This is not how the W3C consensus
> process works.

Your proposal improved something that was broken in the previous version
and it was accepted as a better basis to discuss issue 211. This is also
tracked with the minutes and the discussion I recalled. People can correct
me if I am wrong.
Trying to make me look like the bad guy here isn't helping anyone imo.
Everyone in this WG has built his profile with his/her actions so far

> And I do not remember that we discussed we look at the current design as a
> "counter proposal". This is the final solution for CR from my perspective.
> Reopening this whole discussion yet again isn't going to lead anywhere
> IMHO, just create divisions in the group.

No matter how this issue is resolved it will be very easy to update the
spec. We have all the necessary text material available to copy.
So I do not see this blocking CR in any way.