Re: shapes-ISSUE-221 (sh:Shape hierarchy): Simplify the class hierarchy of shapes [SHACL - Core]

Hi Dimitris,

the resolution of ISSUE-211 was a *package*. I reluctantly accepted
several aspects of the redesign that I think were mistakes (in
particular generalizing targets, which has significant costs because it
offers too many ways to express the same thing). OTOH as part of the
deal we kept the separation of the two metaclasses that I have explained
several times, and this is something that you don't like.

I am unfortunately getting the impression that the notion of
"compromises" has become a one way street. First you accepted my
proposal for the compromise, but then you reopen a new issue which
basically would take away the part of the deal that I needed. This is
not how the W3C consensus process works.

And I do not remember that we discussed we look at the current design as
a "counter proposal". This is the final solution for CR from my
perspective. Reopening this whole discussion yet again isn't going to
lead anywhere IMHO, just create divisions in the group.

Holger