Re: shapes-ISSUE-209 (What is a shape?): What is a shape [SHACL Spec]

> On 28/11/2016 8:33, Karen Coyle wrote:
>> There is a simple solution to this, and it follows in part the example
>> of the Annotations Working Group. Their spec defines a :
>>
>> ***
>> An Annotation is a rooted, directed graph that represents a
>> relationship between resources.
>> There are two primary types of resource that participate in this
>> relationship, Bodies and Targets.
>> Annotations have 0 or more Bodies.
>> Annotations have 1 or more Targets.
>> ****
>>
>> All that needs to be done is to define "shape" as a graph whose root
>> is a subject is of type sh:Shape, and has 0 or more targets and 1 or
>> more constraints.
>
> This would not be correct. A shape doesn't need one or more constraints.
> sh:Shape is a subclass of sh:Constraint (which makes every shape
> automatically also a constraint), but this doesn't "do" anything by
> itself. Also the zero or more doesn't add anything. (Shapes may also
> have labels etc).

So drop the zero or more, but the spec itself says that shapes have
constraints:

"property constraints of the shape" (3.1.1)

Anyway, I'll take this to DCMI leadership. At this point, I can only say
that our needs are not being met.

kc