Re: ISSUE-133 syntax simplifications & regularizations

>>> Yes it's a subset of RDFS inferencing, but does not include things like
>>> rdfs:domain and rdfs:range. In other places you complained that we are using
>>> terms like "instance" and "subclass" although they only mean a subset of what
>>> they mean in RDFS. Why should we treat the term "inferencing" any different?
>>>
>>> Holger
>> What is bad about RDFS domain and range inferencing?  Why shouldn't SHACL do
>> it?  It's not that SHACL doesn't do inferencing already.  It's not that SHACL
>> doesn't do RDFS inferencing already.  It's not that RDFS domain and range
>> inferencing is hard.
>
> I thought we had closed that topic long ago. I don't want to reopen it.
>
> Holger

Did we?  Do you mean ISSUE-1?  That was indeed closed a long time ago.

Since then some inferencing has been added to SHACL, notably for
sh:defaultValueType.  If this sort of inferencing (which is, notably, related
to RDFS inferencing) can be added after the resolution of ISSUE-1 then why
can't other RDFS-related inferencing?