Re: New Terminology Section

On 5/10/16 12:18 AM, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> Since SPIN takes an object-oriented view on inheritance, my guess is
> that SHACL does the same.

I have also come to that conclusion, but unfortunately this is contrary
to the fact that SHACL is defined in RDF, which does not have the
concept of inheritance that exists in OO. This is one of the main issues
I have with the way that classes are used in SHACL. The difference is
nicely summed up here [1] by Gregg Kellogg. It appears to me that the
constraint components (section 3) follow the OO but not the RDF
definition of class because the classes there determine the properties
that are valid for the class definition (whereas RDF would determine the
class membership from the properties).

kc
[1]
http://ruby-rdf.github.io/presentations/HydraConnect2015/assets/player/KeynoteDHTMLPlayer.html#66

I had suggested some time ago that it can be