Re: type and instance and subclass in SHACL documents

From: Irene Polikoff <irene@topquadrant.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 12:44:35 -0500
To: Tom Johnson <johnson.tom@gmail.com>
CC: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>, RDF Data Shapes Working Group <public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org>
Tom,

I read Section 2[0] as:

For a resource to be understood as a shape by the SHACL engine, it must be a
subject of a triple with rdf:type predicate and the object either sh:Shape
or one of its subclasses.

So, exactly the same definition of an instance as every place else in the
spec. I would have thought that this information most likely to be in the
shapes graph as it is part of the shape definition. As in, for example:

ex:PersonShape
	a sh:Shape ;
	sh:scopeClass foaf:Person ;
	sh:property [