Re: comments on SHACL 3 March editors draft

[...]

[...]

>> The UML-like diagram is misleading.  It uses rdfs:Resource in a way
>> different from SHACL.
>
> Do others agree that I should take that diagram out? Could you clarify what is
> wrong about its use of rdfs:Resource?

rdfs:Resource is not a SHACL superclass of sh:Shape or rdfs:Class.

SHACL does not require that the fillers of sh:scopeNode be SHACL instances of
rdfs:Resource.

As well,

SHACL does not require that fillers of rdf:type be SHACL instances of rdfs:Class.

SHACL does not require that fillers of sh:scopeClass be SHACL instances of
rdfs:Class or fillers of sh:filterShape be SHACL instances of sh:Shape
(except, perhaps, when using the default type stuff).

peter