Re: comments on SHACL 3 March editors draft

[...]

[...]

.2 Filters

>> A SHACL processor might not begin by validating filters.  It might instead
>> look at all in-scope nodes and only later remove those that don't pass the
>> filters.  The document makes this illegal but it might be useful if the
>> filter shape is expensive to compute and few violations are expected.
>
> I believe this is already covered by stating that SHACL engines can produce
> additional validation results, see discussion above.

This is not about validation results.  It is about order of execution.  The
document states:

When a SHACL processor validates a focus node against a shape, it begins by
validating any filters associated with the shape via sh:filterShape.

This is too procedural.

peter