Re: shapes-ISSUE-168 (instance count): How to constrain number of instances of a class in a graph [SHACL - Core]

On 22/06/2016 4:57, Karen Coyle wrote:
> OK, let me persist here. We have the suggested code example of:
>
> ex:MyShape
>    a sh:Shape ;
>    sh:scopeNode schema:FlightReservation ;
>    sh:constraint [
>        sh:minInstanceCount 1 ;
>        sh:maxInstanceCount 1 ;
>    ] .
>
> I'm going to abstract this as:
>
> ex:MyShape
>    a sh:Shape ;
>    sh:scopeNode ex:A ;
>    sh:constraint [
>        sh:minInstanceCount 1 ;
>        sh:maxInstanceCount 1 ;
>    ] .
>
> Given the examples below, which of these are in scope for
> "sh:scopeNode ex:A"
>
> ex:A ex:B ex:C .
>
> ex:B ex:A ex:C .
>
> ex:B ex:C ex:A .

Just ex:A is in scope. sh:scopeNode is independent of any triples, i.e.
even if a node appears in no triple, it would still be in scope. This
also means that sh:scopeNode is orthogonal to a node being subject,
predicate or object. This is only relevant to sh:scopeProperty and
sh:scopeInverseProperty.

Holger