ISSUE-95: What should go into which Turtle file?

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 16:37:55 +1000
To: "public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org" <public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org>
Arthur, all,

as I am working on the new metamodel draft (see [1] for references) I am
wondering about where to draw the lines between the files. My original
understanding was:

1) RDFS file defining all terms in RDF Schema only (classes, properties,
ranges, domains)
2) SHACL file extending the schema with SHACL constraints (details of
properties)

Questions:

a) Where shall the vocabulary of the extension mechanism go (e.g.
sh:sparql, functions). We could either add them to the RDFS file or
limit them to the SHACL file. The latter option may reduce the
controversies (some people are really just interested in the core
language anyway).

b) Shall the SHACL file also contain the SPARQL queries? I have no
strong opinion here, as we could inject the SPARQL queries from a third
file maintained outside of the WG, as long as we have stable URIs for
the subjects.

Thanks,
Holger

[1]