Re: Please review the SHACL draft (was Re: Editing progress)

* Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com> [2016-08-11 17:32+1000]
> FWIW sh:filterShape is very useful when it comes to deactivating shapes
> defined by someone else. We are already using this a lot: we have defined a
> sh:Shape (dash:None) that always returns false (using sh:in rdf:nil). Then,
> the constraints in the ontologies that we publish have URIs. Anyone who
> wants to override our "default" constraints, just needs to add <constraint>
> sh:filterShape dash:None. Such scenarios would be impossible if people had
> to fiddle with existing constraints, to rearrange their shapes into a
> template such as the "[ sh:or ( [ sh:not [ FILTER ] ] SHAPE ) ]" that you
> mention.

Not impossible, just several more triple manipulations than you are
currently performing, so I understand your point.

Why do you have to disable shapes? That seems a bit like being locked
into validating against a particular XML schema so you change to to
accept ANY.

--
-ericP

office: +1.617.599.3509