Shapes and/vs constraints

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 21:22:15 -0700
To: "public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org" <public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org>
One of the differences between the proposals put forth by Holger and
Peter is whether there need to be both shapes and constraints (Holger's
view) or just shapes (Peter's). This sounds to me like an important
difference, but I need an explanation of why 1) Holger thinks just
having shapes will not work and 2) why Peter thinks we do not need both.

A simple, clear explanation of each point of view would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks,
kc

--