Re: shapes-ISSUE-141 (Mixed ranges): How to represent mixed datatype-or-class ranges [SHACL - Core]

> On 04/11/2016 06:19 PM, Holger Knublauch wrote:
>> On 12/04/2016 11:16, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>>> On 04/11/2016 06:01 PM, Holger Knublauch wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>>
>>> Quite simply.
>>>
>>> ex:MyShape
>>>       a sh:Shape ;
>>>       sh:shape [
>>>           sh:nodeKind sh:IRI ;
>>>           sh:severity sh:Warning ;
>>>        ] ;
>>>        sh:stem "http://aldi.de/" .
>>>        # default severity is sh:Violation
>>>
>> This is a very inconsistent syntax. Tools and algorithms would need to look
>> for two different cases for every constraint. For example, writing SPARQL
>> queries that walk through shape definitions becomes much harder.
>>
>> Holger
>>
> Not at all.  This is a much more consistent syntax than the current one.
> Everything is a shape.  Tools only have to look for shapes.
>
> peter

Ok, then please put substance behind your claim. I have mentioned SPARQL
queries that try to make sense of a given shape. Given a Shape ?shape,
the following query checks whether a shape is closed:

ASK {
     ?shape sh:constraint/sh:closed true .
}

Please show me the equivalent for your syntax, given that closedness may
be a warning.