Re: Comments on SHACL, especially regarding compatibility with OSLC Resource Shapes 2.0

On 10/12/15 12:12 PM, Jim Amsden wrote:
> Abstract should make it clearer that SHACL is intended to specify
> constraints on an RDF vocabulary for use in a particular context, and
> that those constraints are not intended to control the vocabulary in
> other contexts. That is, SHACL closes the world up for a specific
> purpose, but doesn’t enforce closed-world assumptions on all uses of a
> vocabulary.

Very good point! Yes, we should make this clear. Thanks.

> 3.1 mentions rdfs:label and rdfs:comment, but what about dcterms:title
> and dcterms:description? Would these be more general and not introduce
> additional coupling to RDFS?

As the DCMI representative on the Working Group I am fine with this
idea, but I'm curious why you find "additional coupling to RDFS"
something to be avoided.

kc