Re: shapes-ISSUE-86 (dimitris): Associating shapes with ontologies or vocabularies [SHACL Spec]

On 10/2/15 12:27 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Oh my. While I understand what you're saying I have to say that as a
> user (an admittedly pretty candid one) this flies against all of my
> expectations.
> Indeed, we'd better have some big warning about this because this is
> bound to trip people over.

We definitely still have work to do in this area. I had a similar
question on our user forum, from an early adopter.

In a simple setup, things are not difficult at all:
- dataGraph owl:imports shapesGraph
- shapesGraph also contains the classes

The rest is all about enabling performance optimizations for cases where
data and shape graphs are harder to merge. We also still have the
related, unresolved issue about when the shapesGraph can be queried. In
many cases, the named graphs of a database may only contain instances,
while the classes are in a separate named graph. Once we have that
situation, why not also assume that the shapes graph is on the same
database...