Re: STRAWPOLL on Approach for SHACL

Because I view SHACL as a whole, not a core and some add-ons. Having a
separate specification of a core just invites problems in the relationship
between core and add-ons and raises the probability of the add-ons being
jettisoned at a time when replacing or fixing them is difficult.

Of course, if the high-level language was the entirety of SHACL, then, sure,
a document that solely defined this high-level language would be fine by me.

peter

PS: The analogy between SHACL and shackles sprung to mind when I was
writing this message. Shackles have to be designed as a whole or else they
may fail to work properly in many situations (you could actually use a bow
shackle without the pin for a few uses, but not very many), and I think that
SHACL also has to be designed as a whole.