Re: Comments on Draft

From: Arthur Ryman <arthur.ryman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:31:08 -0400
To: kcoyle@kcoyle.net
Cc: "public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org" <public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:

> Again, I don't think we've defined a core, so speaking of core templates to
> define a view is a bit premature. This "SHACL Core Profile" that you assume
> that IBM would use, AFAIK, does not exist, and I'll turn to Arthur to ask if
> this is consistent with his view.

Karen,

The use case is based on how an existing product, IBM Maximo/Tririga
is currently using OSLC Resource Shapes 2.0, which we can take as an
approximation for the to-be-defined "SHACL Core". This use case is
described in the recent post by Amamitra [1]. The use case describes
client-side validation in web browsers. The implementation is JS and
allows the definition of custom constraints in JS.

-- Arthur

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-data-shapes-wg/2015Mar/0134.html