Re: ISSUE-64: Spec updated to include sh:minInclusive etc.

On 7/30/2015 23:46, Dimitris Kontokostas wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 6:51 AM, Holger Knublauch
> <holger@topquadrant.com <mailto:holger@topquadrant.com>> wrote:
>
>     As resolved in the call today, SHACL now supports
>
>     - sh:maxExclusive
>     - sh:maxInclusive
>     - sh:minExclusive
>     - sh:minInclusive
>     (hopefully not including too many copy and paste errors)
>
>     - sh:maxLength
>     - sh:minLength
>     - sh:pattern
>
>     I have implemented the latter three so that they work with any
>     datatype and even IRIs.
>

>     Errors are reported on blank node values, because they cannot be
>     turned into strings. Errors are also reported if the <, >
>     comparisons fail.
>

> I have some minor concerns on this as it might not be consistent with
> other cases where a comparison fails and a user would expect an error
> report as well.

Do you have a specific example for the latter? SPARQL usually "silently"
fails on function evaluation errors, i.e. it returns no matches in such
SELECT queries. Would your preference be that we do the same and not
return an error when a > comparison failed, i.e. returned unbound?

Holger