Re: ISSUE-64: Spec updated to include sh:minInclusive etc.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 1:29 AM, Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
wrote:

> On 7/30/2015 23:46, Dimitris Kontokostas wrote:
>

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 6:51 AM, Holger Knublauch <
> <holger@topquadrant.com>holger@topquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> As resolved in the call today, SHACL now supports
>>
>> - sh:maxExclusive
>> - sh:maxInclusive
>> - sh:minExclusive
>> - sh:minInclusive
>> (hopefully not including too many copy and paste errors)
>>
>> - sh:maxLength
>> - sh:minLength
>> - sh:pattern
>>
>> I have implemented the latter three so that they work with any datatype
>> and even IRIs.
>

>> Errors are reported on blank node values, because they cannot be turned
>> into strings. Errors are also reported if the <, > comparisons fail.
>>

> I have some minor concerns on this as it might not be consistent with
> other cases where a comparison fails and a user would expect an error
> report as well.
>

> Do you have a specific example for the latter? SPARQL usually "silently"
> fails on function evaluation errors, i.e. it returns no matches in such
> SELECT queries. Would your preference be that we do the same and not return
> an error when a > comparison failed, i.e. returned unbound?

I do not have a strong preference on this, I suggest that if we go with
your approach we should make a note that this is not the expected SPARQL
behavior

Dimitris

--
Projects: http://dbpedia.org, http://http://aligned-project.eu,